Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cold weather and dirty dogs





hello :)


this week was a good week. school was okay. nothing really happened.


at church we got a new young womans value virtue. now the moto sounds weird. i like the old way better. but o well. ill get used to it.


last night i got snowed in at my neighbor erins house. we had a great time :) i swear we spent the whole night laughing. litterally. it was amazing. the funnest night ive had in a LONG time. lol.


tomorrow (friday the 19th) i fly out to reno to go visit my daddy and the fam down there :) im so excited! we are going to be driving across america to tennessee and spending christmas with shea's family. its going to be so much fun! we havnt seen them in a long time.
along with flying into reno tomorrow i get to see my friends from there :) its going to be great.
im praying that the weather doesnt affect my flight tomorrow :( if it gets canceled i will be sad.

over the past week i have been training my dog (yes she technically is nates dog but i take care of her most of the time) to go to her kennal when she is told to. she also stold one of my sandals and it became her chew toy. she also took one of our hot pads and it is one of her favorite toys. she also broke her cord that she is tied up to and she ran to a manure pool thingy and she went from white to brown. it took them 6 washes to make her white again! talk about crazyness. but now she is white and pretty and she smells good :)


anywho. that was my week :) hope your week was great too!
alice
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACHARY!!!
I know I say it all the time but WHAT a week. Weather I'll start with the weather. First it was cold I mean REALLY cold with wind chill one morning we were -15 at 6:30am. Then the snow came and most of it blew out to the bay so can you say white out. Yesterday I had to go pick up Alice, Erin, and Kinsey from school as the snow was so bad, on the way home it was a complete white out, it was very scary to drive in. I had only been home a bit when I had to head back out to collect Nathan in Lynden. He had rode the bus from Bellingham. They had the Guide going north closed at main street in Lynden because of white out conditions. Today THE roads are a little of everything. I'm glad to be home for the night where it is warm. Tomorrow Alice and I head to go to the airport.
Other adventures some weather related. Erin and Kinsey's mom had gone to Seattle to pickup people at the airport. As the weather was so bad Lianne stayed down in Seattle and Alice and I spent the night with the girls as their house leaving Justin and Nathan here to fend for themselves. As Alice mentioned above there was a lot of laughing and giggling going on last night. I laughed just as here at home I was in charge of keeping the wood burning stove. We had a great time. Kinsey and I spent a nice time watching TV, and she was excited to have someone spend the night. Lianne finally made it home this afternoon she said it took 5 1/2 hours to get home.
The fluffy white dog added to our adventure. Last Saturday we got Alice and Christian off to the temple. I had let Seshee in as it was cold, I pushed the door shut but it didn't catch and I didn't notice, but she did. She bolted. Justin looked for her for about 30 min but couldn't find her. When he got home she was on the porch. and brown, and smelly. You could see the the line across her back where she went swimming in the cow pucky pound. I started trying to spray her off and clean her but was getting no where, luckily Pet Smart had an opening in an 30 min so we loaded her up in the truck and took her in. We went back 4 hours later and found a very nice WHITE dog. It was great they did her nails, trimmed her the whole yards. The man said it took 6 baths to get her clean. I will be grateful to him for a long time. As it has been so cold she has been inside more than out. She has been enjoying it.
The primary kids were suppose to do the nativity at the branch Christmas party but the party was cancelled because of the weather. As it has been so crazy and school cancelled for tomorrow, the decision was made to go ahead and make the call now, so everyone would be safe. We don't know whether they are going to reschedule or not so we are waiting to know .
Justin is making his wonderful chili tomorrow night. I"m looking forward to it and will either make corn bread or rolls to go along with it.
Kelly's last day at work is tomorrow. She will be in once in a while and help with records. She is going to be missed. Especially by the people who don't like what I say they always figure if they wait till the day she is working and try again. I'm glad she will still be around to answer my questions.




No comments:

Mecham Family

  • Shirley B-day 10-27
  • Young Mi B-day 11-21
  • Jonathan B-day 12-7
  • Jake B-day 12-11
  • Mariah B-day 12-17
  • Celeste B-day 1-21
  • Ariel B-day 1-26
  • Parker B-day 4-7
  • Cristina B-day 4-7
  • Max B-day 4-20
  • Dad B-day 4-23
  • Michael B-day 7-11
  • Bruce B-day 7-11
  • Amy B-day 9-8
  • Mom B-day 9-28
  • Lisa B-day 10-4

Masterson Family

  • Eddie B-day 11-3
  • Will B-day 12-8
  • Brenda B-day 12-18
  • Melinda B-day 1-29
  • Spencer B-day 2-8
  • Jodi B-day 3-3
  • Jenny B-day 4-25
  • Daryle B-day 6-1
  • Helen B-day 6-3
  • Kara B-day 6-9
  • Grandpa Gene B-day 6-11
  • Whitney B-day 7-18
  • Clint B-day 8-17
  • Donald B-day 8-23
  • Aaron B-day 8-30
  • Kelli B-day 9-16
  • Jacki B-day 9-26