Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rains came down, and the floods came up

hey a lot had happan Ill try to remaber satis x-mis. My grand parit had to sand us are prasant. So thay try to rembrer sants we last spant time with us what was like when I wear like 5 or samething like that. So thay sand me a hot weals sate and a litte kid remot cantrl car. It was so funny because Im 10 now but it is the thout right. I got two days off of school so me and my bro are home alone so the first day we got along well but not the sancant day we kinda fited. On a video game same of you might have hard gitr haro well I omost baet the game on hard cool right.-Zachary Masterson

well nothing is really going on right now soooo... Iam doing go0d in school we had a really mean sub that said that i was doing go0d in class the class was almost over and so the sub said i had to go to the offfice and talk to the princpal and she said i was doing go0d in the class soooo im like wow,wow,wow here you said i was doing go0d the class andd then she accused me of not even being in the class the time but we got it all fixed and i dident have to go 2 the princapl w0ot!! ps there will be a NASA rocket lanched to the internatinal space staion with more astronaghts and supplies ^.=.^ {happy dragon face}

I would have to say that the biggest event since we last blogged would be the weather. On Christmas day the snow drifts were almost as tall as I am. It stuck around for a long time. Turning to an icy, slippery, dirty, and hard on the bottom mess. (I fell down hard a couple of times) We were pretty much sick of the mess, and wishing that it would go away, when it started to rain. Rain down in town wasn't the problem, it was the rain that visited all that snow in the mountains that caused the problem. The rivers started to rise, and then over flow, along with all the streams, and ditches. School was canceled for Alice one day and a late start on two. I'm guessing they didn't want the buses out in the dark on the flooded roads. They finally shut down the corner of Badger and Benson. I thought they should have done it long before they did. The water was so bad you couldn't see the road at all. Nathan and his big blue truck came to my rescue. He drove me to work on Wednesday and Thursday both. And we put him to work both times. There is a small creek that runs by the office. It jumped its banks and kept raising. The bridge that crosses it is quiet high as it is down in a small gully. When the river hit the bottom of the bridge we became concerned. When Nathan got to me on Wednesday night with stories of how bad the roads were we had him help us put all the book cases, chairs, and the processor for the x-ray machine up on cinder blocks, along with Dr. Claypools roll top desk. I had to pull on the patient files that were down low and put them up high. Thursday when he brought me to work, Nathan helped put the exam rooms back together. We did leave the desk and x-ray processor up. As we watched the water raise the dr. decided we needed sand bags to go around the doors. So I called Nate and being the big buff boy he is, he came and filled a bunch of sand bags for us while I finished work. We then put all the stuff back up and left. As far as I know the office has stayed dry.

On the way home there were several places with water on the road. Our corner of Badger and Benson being the worse. They only let us on to Benson because we were in a big truck and lived down there. Nathan lost his bearings for a bit and we almost went in the ditch which would have been very bad, but he figured it out before it was to late. I was very glad to get home. Where the water wasn't deep.

Lianne invited me out to lunch on Friday so I called Nate to find the best way to get out without getting into deep of water for my car. There was no water the way he sent me and I was glad.
We had a nice lunch, and it was great to sit and visit. She is such a great lady.

Many people would disagree with me, but I'd rather have kept the ice than have the flooding. We are counting our blessings as some parts of NW Washington were a lot worse off than we were. They were saying we might be our own little corner, cut off from the rest of the state for a while, as all the passes were closed due to avalanches or mud slides and I-5 was closed because of flooding. We were lucky this time as it only took a few days for things to re-open. Last time I-5 closed because of flooding it took 10 days to get it re-opened. Most of the roads are reopened now, but many people have a lot of work ahead of them with the clean up.

Church was wonderful, all the talks in sacrament meeting gave me a lot to think about. Sis. Price gave a wonderful talk about Standing Tall and serving where you are called. Without complaining, and to do your best. It made me stop and think am I doing my best. I am trying, but know that as always there is room for improvement. Bro. Smith talked about being a Zion people. I liked his approach which was to get out of Babylon as far as we can and that sometimes that is easier than feeling like you never quiet make it to Zion. I also liked the fact that he pointed out that Zion can be anywhere, not just in SLC.

We are hoping that we are done with all disasters for a while and this week we can settle back down to a normal schedule, with kids back in seminary, and actives on Wed. night. I am glad to say that I did manage to get my early morning workout in each day. I will do it again this week. At the end of the week we are hoping to get a family membership to the local YMCA which will be fun for all of us. The boys love the pool and Alice and I love the work out room. Sometimes we will drive to the Y in Bellingham and climb the rock wall. It will be good for all of us.

Primary is going well, we split to a jr. and sr. primary at the beginning of the new year. We are still working out the kinks but I think it is going to work out well for the children. Today was our first week reciting an article of faith to someone in the branch presidency. Pres. Hackwell was fabulous as always, passing out candy to all who recited, and queuing me to help when need for some so they could have success. We sent the youngest jr. primary classes in as a class so they could help each other. The theme this year is eternal families. I am hoping that as a primary we can teach this principle, without making any of the children feel badly if their families have not been sealed in the temple. Also being sensitive to those who are living outside of the traditional family. I know we have several who have 2 sets of parents because of divorce and those that come with grandparents to church. I am praying that not only the presidency but all who teach the children can do so, in a way that the principles are taught but that no precious feelings are hurt. I just remember assuring my own children that just because their parents were no longer married, didn't mean that they couldn't be part of an eternal family. And that they are still loved by their parents and Heavenly Father.

hey :)
so since we blogged last millions of things have been happening.
however i do not remember half of them.
we have had some killer snow and killer rain. the rain melted the snow causing a huge flood.
sense the flood i havnt been able to sleep. i have no idea why, just havnt.
about a week ago i went on a date with this guy. it was pretty fun. then a couple days later he asked me out.
i said yes of course. but i had to explain the mormon rules. thank goodness he didnt care. cause all the rules can drive some people away.
umm...school is doing great. im working on raising my grades. they arent horribly low but becasue i was sick for forever they dropped a little bit. but not to worry im fixen them.
im pretty sure thats it....
oh my neighbor and i went for a walk in the snow (when there was still snow) and i walked out into this huge field and layed down. it was scary walking out to it tho casue neither of us were sure weither or not there was a ditch on that side of the road. thank goodness there wasnt one.
hope you all had a wonderful week and a happy new year :)
alice

No comments:

Mecham Family

  • Shirley B-day 10-27
  • Young Mi B-day 11-21
  • Jonathan B-day 12-7
  • Jake B-day 12-11
  • Mariah B-day 12-17
  • Celeste B-day 1-21
  • Ariel B-day 1-26
  • Parker B-day 4-7
  • Cristina B-day 4-7
  • Max B-day 4-20
  • Dad B-day 4-23
  • Michael B-day 7-11
  • Bruce B-day 7-11
  • Amy B-day 9-8
  • Mom B-day 9-28
  • Lisa B-day 10-4

Masterson Family

  • Eddie B-day 11-3
  • Will B-day 12-8
  • Brenda B-day 12-18
  • Melinda B-day 1-29
  • Spencer B-day 2-8
  • Jodi B-day 3-3
  • Jenny B-day 4-25
  • Daryle B-day 6-1
  • Helen B-day 6-3
  • Kara B-day 6-9
  • Grandpa Gene B-day 6-11
  • Whitney B-day 7-18
  • Clint B-day 8-17
  • Donald B-day 8-23
  • Aaron B-day 8-30
  • Kelli B-day 9-16
  • Jacki B-day 9-26