The holidays are over and they have been fun. All of the children were home, which was a just wonderful. It was fun to catch up with Liz while she was here. She also got to go visit family and friends down in Sedro-Woolley and I think that she really enjoyed that. It is still hard for me to think about the fact that she is in college. She just finished her first quarter and did quiet well, GPA 3.8, I'm so proud of her.
Nathan and his fiance' Brittinay are living with us right now. They are saving up to get into a place of their own. While it has been nice having them here, I"m sure they will be glad to get out on their own. Brittinay is expecting and is due on June 11. They are suppose to be having a girl. It had taken me a while to get use to the idea that I will be a grandma at the beginning of the summer. Nathan has been working very hard at quitting smoking. It has been very hard for him, but he just keeps working on it. He and Brittinany have been taking the missionary discussions. Nathan feels that it is helping him a lot, and I feel that it has helped Brittinay learn more about what we believe. The missionaries challenged her to be baptized in Feb. I am hoping that she will take the challenge, but because she believes what they are teaching and not because the rest of the family is a member.
Alice is working hard at school, she has been suffering from seizures, that we found out are caused by emotions. We are setting up appointments for her to see a psychologist and help her get through this. She is having a rough time because she can't work on the farm until she is 2 weeks no seizures. On the upside she was accepted into Texas A&M, her dream college. So it is important that we help her learn to deal with her emotions in a healthier way, or she will need to be staying closer to home to go to college.
I was released from the Primary Presidency last week. I've been in for almost 3 years, it was a bitter/sweet. It was kind of different going to relief society this week. I am determine to read my lessons and be prepared each week. I have also been working on reading my scriptures everyday, and encouraging the family to have family prayer. I wanted to start writing in my journal, so I found it interesting when they encouraged us to start writing in our journals. They are even going to give us topics to write on each week, along with journals. I'm grateful for this as I had tried to start one on the computer, but every time I tried to save it I couldn't open it. I was thinking of starting a hand written one but needed something to write it in. Now I have it:) I will write every other day for now and then perhaps go to everyday. Other goals I have made are to loose 60 lbs by June, write Grandma Mecham and Jonathan a letter each week, and several things to help with my weight loss.
Justin is such a wonderful man. I don' t know how I would make it without him. He encourages me to do my best at everything, while helping me realize that everything the kids do that is not right is not my fault. That I can teach them the things they should do, but can't force it upon them, it's that free agency thing. Justin is hoping to move to AZ the end of the summer. I'm not sure I really want to go as I really love it up here. But he has wanted to go as long as I have known him, so I will do everything I can to make it happen. We are both hoping to find second jobs and start saving up money for the move and to pay off our debts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mecham Family
- Shirley B-day 10-27
- Young Mi B-day 11-21
- Jonathan B-day 12-7
- Jake B-day 12-11
- Mariah B-day 12-17
- Celeste B-day 1-21
- Ariel B-day 1-26
- Parker B-day 4-7
- Cristina B-day 4-7
- Max B-day 4-20
- Dad B-day 4-23
- Michael B-day 7-11
- Bruce B-day 7-11
- Amy B-day 9-8
- Mom B-day 9-28
- Lisa B-day 10-4
Masterson Family
- Eddie B-day 11-3
- Will B-day 12-8
- Brenda B-day 12-18
- Melinda B-day 1-29
- Spencer B-day 2-8
- Jodi B-day 3-3
- Jenny B-day 4-25
- Daryle B-day 6-1
- Helen B-day 6-3
- Kara B-day 6-9
- Grandpa Gene B-day 6-11
- Whitney B-day 7-18
- Clint B-day 8-17
- Donald B-day 8-23
- Aaron B-day 8-30
- Kelli B-day 9-16
- Jacki B-day 9-26
2 comments:
Well, I don't want you to go to AZ!!! But you gotta love the winters there. ;D
You can come and visit us in the winter when we get settled. I may need to escape back up here during the summer.
Post a Comment