Monday, September 1, 2008

A Bird in the House

Happy Birthday Alice!!! Alice turned 16 on the 31st of Aug. It is hard to believe that she is that old. She went to a concert, and went out to dinner, she also said that she is going to be taking drivers ed. Hard to believe that my baby girl is gong to be driving.

Aaron also had a birthday on the 30th, haven't heard as of yet what he did or if he had fun, we hope he had a great one.:)

Liz and Alice both started school last week, and it sounds like they are very busy with school, seminary, work and helping at home with their younger brothers. Hopefully they get to do something fun once in a while and will let us know what they are up to.

Our funny story of the week took place on Tuesday. As I was headed to get Nathan from work, Justin called saying that there was a bird in the house. Apparently it had flown down the chimney of the wood burning stove. The boys could hear it flapping around inside the stove. Justin told them to leave it closed, but when he left they opened the door and it came out. I asked Christen why he had opened the door when his dad had told him not to. He said, " I wanted to make sure it was really a bird." I'm just glad it was a bird and not a wasp nest, as we have had a lot of them around the house. The boys called before I got home and said it had gone out, they had opened the doors that go outside and closed the bedroom doors so it couldn't get in any of them. Both boys were surprised that Gizmo didn't try and get it. When I got home, Zac told me he had locked the bathroom door and closed, so I had to break into the bathroom.

Mom and Dad Mecham are in Baton Rough waiting for Hurricane Gustov to hit. they will be helping run the shelters for those who are evacuated, and then loose there homes. Last I heard was that they will be gone for three weeks. As I hear from them and how and what they are doing I will post it.

Jonathan, Celeste, Cristina, and Lisa are starting to get ready for their big move to Italy, I understand they are learning Italian, which will put them at three languages in their household. We are wishing them luck, and will up date there travels here as I hear.

No comments:

Mecham Family

  • Shirley B-day 10-27
  • Young Mi B-day 11-21
  • Jonathan B-day 12-7
  • Jake B-day 12-11
  • Mariah B-day 12-17
  • Celeste B-day 1-21
  • Ariel B-day 1-26
  • Parker B-day 4-7
  • Cristina B-day 4-7
  • Max B-day 4-20
  • Dad B-day 4-23
  • Michael B-day 7-11
  • Bruce B-day 7-11
  • Amy B-day 9-8
  • Mom B-day 9-28
  • Lisa B-day 10-4

Masterson Family

  • Eddie B-day 11-3
  • Will B-day 12-8
  • Brenda B-day 12-18
  • Melinda B-day 1-29
  • Spencer B-day 2-8
  • Jodi B-day 3-3
  • Jenny B-day 4-25
  • Daryle B-day 6-1
  • Helen B-day 6-3
  • Kara B-day 6-9
  • Grandpa Gene B-day 6-11
  • Whitney B-day 7-18
  • Clint B-day 8-17
  • Donald B-day 8-23
  • Aaron B-day 8-30
  • Kelli B-day 9-16
  • Jacki B-day 9-26