Zachary worked on his bear this week, he wrote two letters, and did a to do list. At scouts they went to the library, and learned about where different types of books were kept in the library. Zach also became an expert at splitting logs, learning safety from Christian. At school his friend who had been out for two weeks because he was sick returned. Zach was excited to see him. He stayed side by side with the fastest kid in his class. Today at church they played jeopardy and the girls won by eight points. the boys are hoping to do better next time.
Christian has been reading a bunch of books this week. He went trunker-treating at church, chopped some wood. At scouts they are building a tribusha, to go against another pack in pumpkin throwing. Christian also finally got through a piece of wood that he has been working on the last two weeks he is so proud of himself. At church his lesson was a out temple marriage.
It's been a busy week, part of it was quiet relaxing as I refilled the bird feeder. I have been enjoying watching all the birds around it. Today we had a woodpecker out side also, so I may need to get some of the stuff they like. Yesterday the sunrise over the mountain was quiet incredible.
Thursday evening a friend of mine came to visit, Miss Kinsey. she stayed for a while eating popcorn and enjoying a cup of apple juice, watching some TV until her mom came over to pick her up. Friday Kinsey came to my rescue. I had put some gas in my car and accidentally locked my keys in the car. Justin was a sleep with his cell phone off, and couldn't hear the house phone. I called Kinsey's mom to see if she could go and wake Justin up so he could come and rescue me. Kinsey answered the phone and her Mom wasn't there so I told her I need to go. I continued to try and find someone to help. I was having no luck and was quiet frustrated when the ear piece for my cell phone went off. It was Lianne, Kinsey's mom, when she got home she said that Kinsey was quiet insistent that I called. When Lianne checked the caller ID it said Safeway, so she said that I hadn't called, but Kinsey was quiet insistent that I had so she was calling to make Kinsey happy. I was able to ask Lianne to go get Justin up and tell him what my problem was. Justin tried to call me several times but my phone never did pick it up. I called him back and got him as he was awake and he came to the rescue. I'll forever be grateful Kinsey insisting that I had called or it would have been an even longer morning.
An old friend from high school found me on Face book. Which is fun as I haven't kept track of anyone from HS. It has been fun to exchange messages with her and talk about old times.
Nathan found a great deal on firewood for us, if you go and split the wood you get to keep half. So Nate has been going on the last two days he was off. I am greatly appreciative of it. As Nate enjoys this kind of work it makes it great for both of us. He said that the guy is a real character, he has a collection of I think he said 20 or so pipe organs. Sounds really fun to see.
I was in charge of sharing time in primary today and I had the children start a Service in Secret Club. It started as a fun way to teach the children about doing service to others. I made Service in Secret cards for all of the kids. the more I thought about it the more I decided that I would take on the challenge I gave the children to do Service in Secret this week. I'm going to be looking hard to do some secret service myself. I know that it will feel good to do some service in secret. And am passing on the challenge to everyone who reads our blog, do some kind of service in secret and see if it makes you feel better.
1 comment:
Sorry I jetted out of the room during sharing time. It was my "baby" from Georgia calling :D Sound sliek a fun week you had.
Post a Comment